Finding the right skin care routine is imperative to healthy skin. The right regimen can benefit your skin in ways you did not know were achievable.
Before commencing a skincare regimen, determining the primary question "what type of skin do you have?- dry, oily, or a combination of both, is essential. If you're asking yourself, "What does that mean?" you're not alone.
Here is a guide to help you identify and care for your beautiful skin, and be one step closer to finding your fearless.
Define your skin in three easy steps
- How does your skin feel?
- Examine your pores
- What skincare product is your holy grail?
-Dry skin produces less sedum which leads to producing less lipids in the skin. Without these lipids the skin struggles to maintain moisture
- The texture of your skin feels tight, rough, and has low elasticity. After washing your face, the areas around your eyes and mouth will start to feel tight within an hour if you did not apply moisturizer.
- Dry skin causes pores to be clogged. When your skin is dry, your body is triggered to create more oil to help your body
- Your skin soaks up all the moisture so by the afternoon your skin needs some hydration; a day moisturizer or some spritz of your favorite face mist.
TIPS: DRINK MORE WATER.
- Apply moisturizer several times a day
- Look for products that are water based, oil based products can make your dry skin WORSE.
THERAPRINA RECOMMENDS: RHEA & SLAY
-Oily skin produces more sebum so you are always GLOWING.
- The texture of your skin will feel oily and shine. After washing your face, without any moisturizer you will feel an obvious oiliness. Pay close attention to across your forehead, down the center of your nose, and your chin.
- Pores will look enlarged and be very visible
- Blotting sheets and mattifying powders are your BFF.
TIPS: The ones out there who have oily skin, Guess what? FEWER WRINKLES!
- Use oil free moisturizers
- DO NOT over wash your face-this can lead to drying out your pores.
THERAPRINA RECOMMENDS: RHEA & ESSENTIAL
- No surprises here! Combination skin is oily and dry skin! Combination skin is the most common out of all the skin types.
- The texture of your skin will feel dry other than in your T-Zone(Forehead, chin and nose)
- Pores are enlarged and you may also have some impurities in these areas.
- You focus more on spot treatments, such as using serums and toners. It is all about BALANCE for you.
TIPS: Stay away from alcohol-based products
- Isolate problems with spot treatments.
THERAPRINA RECOMMENDS: SLAY & LUMINOUS
You probably are asking yourself what about normal skin? THERAPRINA disapproved the idea of categorizing a “normal”skin type. We want to steer away from making you think your skin is undesirable. We believe that normal skin is what you believe is normal. We want to help you feel beautiful, fearless in your own skin.